Saturday, February 02, 2008

WINNER!

Well, one of the winners anyway.

My Frankenstein Eustace Tilley was selected as one of the 20 winners of The New Yorker contest. The image will appear on The New Yorker website for a year and (supposedly) will be printed in their 83rd anniversary issue. From what I understand they will not be able to print them all. Either way I was glad I did it and it was a lot of fun whether I was a winner or not. I am grateful to have been selected.

Here is the link to view the 20 Winners selected. Mine is the fourth one in the slideshow.

13 comments:

Callan's Sketchblog said...

that's so awesome! congratulations :D

John T Quinn III said...

congrats p!
well earned.

M said...

congratulations! it's a great piece.

RYAN ASTAMENDI PHOTOGRAPHY said...

Congrats Pete! You sound like an Oscar contender...."It was an honor just to be nominated"

Jeff Harter said...

Hey Peter, thats neat. Congrats!

R.Dress said...

Thats great news! Congrats!

Vince M said...

Great visual, Peter. Ol' Frankie was my favorite of the group, it's a well deserved honor.

Peter Emmerich said...

Thanks everybody for all the words of praise and congratulations.

The Bear Maiden said...

Peter! That's SPECTACULAR!!! Oh wow. You know I have a particular fondness for the New Yorker cover... brings back pleasant memories.

Lovya!

Debi Bender said...

Congrats to you again -- this time on your blogspot. Your Frankentilley (FrankenEustace) will ever remain one of my favorites...a perfect fit..."puttin' on the Ritz"

monkeysox

Hu said...

congratulations peter.

Brian Sibley said...

Well done, Peter. Thoroughly deserved!

LN said...

expecting no less, you're a master at your craft.

miss you.
-ln